Sunday, April 24, 2016

DORY TRAWLER BRINGS IT!

A Long Awaited Dory Trawler Exclusive

Okay, time for the truth....Pool Hub actually fired my sorry ass about a month ago and that's why you haven't seen any articles by me in that time. The problem was....I had been drinking too much! There, I said it....it's out in the open now and we can move on. My boss was pretty sure that I couldn't function effectively based on the amount I was drinking. I don't know if it was luck on my part or just karma, but I sent him down to Buddy's Buzz for an afternoon to just relax and have some fun. HE CAME BACK A CHANGED MAN!

I forget his exact words but they were something to the effect of : "I saw with my own eyes how you can function and drink!....and drink!....and drink! Right in front of me was Mike Weagle and Dave Karas! They drank....and they were coherent...they drank....and they played pool....they drank...and one of them could still use his phone (the other one didn't know what a phone was but that's beside the point".

So, if you can believe it......I owe my job to those two! That's crazy...lol...lmao...btw....ffs...wtf....I don't know what any of those short forms mean but I see the kids saying it so...

News?? Oh ya...news. Man, there has been a lot of news. Lets try point form:

  • Team Events - The Colour of ....Bragging Rights 100 point Challenge Cup - Windsor beat Kentville, then Kentville beat Chester then Bridgewater beat Windsor and on May 1st Buddy's Buzz takes on Windsor (Tommy Gun's). Who's next? Sloan says he's got a team....but he's also got a girlfriend now so......there goes his pool!
  • Greg Wilson won the last Atlantic 9 Ball Tour Event
  • Richard (Buddy) Young won the Atlantic 9 Ball Open Event over Rick Leon
  • Richard (Buddy) Young won the Open Provincial 9 Ball over Brian White with Bill Macpherson coming in 3rd
  • Kelly Brimicombe won the Ladies Provincial 9 Ball.
  • Colin Maloney, Richard Young and Bill MacPherson qualified to represent Nova Scotia at the Canadian Open 9 Ball Championships.
  • Fuzzy Stolen Picture of Richard Young and Brian White
  • Craig Teal, Carl Sampson and Andrew Simon qualified to represent Nova Scotia in the Canadian Amateur 9 Ball Championships.
Wow......I felt like a real reporter there for a minute! I CAN function....hooray!
Stu Carver turns 90 years old this Saturday, April 30th and he will host the second of four Tournaments for Bonny Lea Farm at Tommy Gun's that day. Drop in for cake.
Come back the next day and watch Windsor kick Buddy's Buzz ass all the way back to Lower Sackville!

Tommy Gun's has been getting 19 and 20 players out for their Tuesday 8 Ball. Some tremendous improvement showing in players like Darrell Abolit, Glenn Vervaeke and Greg Kaye who have been playing lots of pool lately. Drop in Tuesday...have supper...play some pool.

The picture to the right was stolen from Rick Leon but I made it fuzzy so he couldn't tell. The one below is recycled from a couple weeks ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment